kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Falling in love all over again...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on April 16, 2003 at 22:08:58:

In Reply to: Falling in love all over again... posted by chimbakka on April 16, 2003 at 14:13:42:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will come a day when I can look at Zoe without holding my breath and worrying!

It's sooooo good to hear that Orion is starting to recuperate. It also gives me that little confidence boost that Zoe can get better too.

Keep up the great "parenting"!!!!

Kim

:Yesterday I sat on the floor about 3 feet from Orion's tank, and I watched him for an hour. He didn't seemed bothered by my presence, and just walked around on a little chameleon stroll. I can't help but be mesmorized by the little devil!
:When I saw a chameleon for sale in a shop for the first time, I had a caniption. I have watched shows about them on Discovery, and have read books about them for a project I did in art a few years ago, and I was truly amazed by them. I had NO idea that they were available as pets. In fact, the idea had never crossed my mind, for some reason. When I looked in the tank at SuperPet expecting to see a snake or gecko, a tiny vieled was hanging off a branch, sweet as could be. That was it. I made up my mind. I was going to add a chameleon to my zoo of creatures. I researched online and found a picture of a blue Ambanja, and that was it. I was captivated already, and I hadn't even found a little guy to buy.
:After calling around numerous stores, I finally found someone who could get me my curly tailed friend. I had to drive nearly two hours there and back, in snowy weather, but I got him. After bringing him home and watching him hunt for the first time, I was in love.
:Now, after only two months, I can't imagine my life without a chameleon. I feel the same way about my cats, but I never expected this. I thought they were just a cute, interesting creature that would be fun to keep and watch. Boy, was I wrong.
:After all of the extra care and cash I have spent on Orion, nothing has changed. Yesterday was the first time in weeks though, that I have had the chance to look at him that way again. Before I would go to his tank, and hold my breath, hoping that he was still climbing around. Yesterday I got to sit and watch as he explored his world, and seemed to be truly happy in the world I have provided him.
:Everday I can't believe this little guy. Cute little googly eyes are just the cherry on top! He has me wrapped around his little tail.I wonder if he knows it?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]