kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Latest on Zoe...UGH!...the bugger! (it's a long one!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by anson on April 15, 2003 at 12:46:54:

In Reply to: Latest on Zoe...UGH!...the bugger! (it's a long one!) posted by icequeen on April 14, 2003 at 00:12:55:

Hi. I just wanted to give you some words of encouragement. Don't give up on Zoe just yet. I would keep force feeding him as long as he needs it. I would cut back some on meal worms and increase the amount of Very Well Gutloaded Crickets. Try adding some bee pollen to your gutload. I have a male panther Cham named Salvador that would not eat on his own for MONTHS. Don't try to make him eat on his own by making him hungry. It takes a lot of strength for them to be able to shoot their tongue. It is a good sign that Zoe shows interest by looking at the food. Zoe may be saying I'm hungry mom but I can't get them myself right now and I need your help. I would not lessen the amount you force feed to make Zoe hungry. You need to get Zoe to optimum health first. Salvadore started eating on his own even when I was force feeding him a large amount of crickets. Make sure you crush the crickets heads before putting them in Zoes mouth. I removed the large legs also to make it easier to digest. I will never forget the day Sal started eating on his own again. A friend of mine found a large green grasshopper and I went to show it to Sal not expecting much and before I could even get it close to him he had zapped it out of my hand. Try silkworms at www.mulberryfarms.com they will ship and have them year round. Also try their Goliath hornworms. Ask for small ones they grow super fast. Try getting on the net on an insect classifieds. Maybe you can find someone selling grasshoppers or post an ad looking for grasshoppers.
Wishing you and Zoe the best of luck. Sonia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]