kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

he knows I'm his "MOM"!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on April 15, 2003 at 01:04:46:

I meant to mention this earlier...but I forgot.

Today (well, actually yesterday now!), when I got home from work, I was going through my normal morning routine with Zoe...about to get some food and water into him...that kind of thing.
Anyway, I picked up a giant mealie with the "tweezers" I use to handle those nasty things...it was flipping around and really trying to get away. I had my hand in Zoe's enclosure, and he was watching this thing twist all over the place.
Guess what he did?! He just opened his mouth for me, and let me drop the mealie in! He's never done that before! Usually I have to force his mouth open. I had ground up some dried green peas...man, they smell bad! I don't think Zoe liked the way the mealie tasted with the ground peas on it, even though he ate it. I had to force his mouth open for the second mealie, which was not coated in pea powder...but the third one, again no pea powder, he opened his mouth for me!
Then after that he would just turn his head away when I tried to show him anymore.
BUT...he did take water from the little syringe without being coaxed or forced. He just opened his mouth, and let me drip that in too!
So, maybe he's starting to see me as a "safe" person to him (I know...more like a FOOD SOURCE!)
We went outside this afternoon for about an hour as well. It was windy today, but warm, so for the most part he sat on my lap, and I just kept my arms sort of around him, to deflect the wind, but still get him some sun.
He likes to sit on my shoulder with his head in my hair, but the rest of his body showing...it's funny because that's how he sleeps too. With his head in between some leaves, with his body showing.
I bet he thinks no one can see him...because he can't see anyone!!
Silly lizard!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]