kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Chameleon Eye Problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by StevetheVeiled on April 14, 2003 at 16:52:34:

In Reply to: Re: Chameleon Eye Problems posted by tanyacska on April 14, 2003 at 15:52:30:

wow. that is quick. i am also on a '10 day' med, but it's nearing it's end. some days it seems like things are improving, other days he seems to have it closed as much as before. we'll see how things look by the end of this week. thanks for the info.

:she was better in 2-3 days but i kept up the meds for 10 days til they ran out, and saline 2x/day before the meds. to me that seemed pretty quick! her eyes would crust over and she couldn't see, it was awful.

::can you tell me how quickly "quickly" was? i am one of the people who has posted about eye problems here too, and i was just wondering the length of time before you saw improvements. i've been administering drops and meds for nealry 10 days now and the improvement is minimal. he still shuts the eye at different times. i was hoping it would have been in better shape by now.

::jamie, see below, on this board, for info on my panther's eye problems and what i did (saline flush) and what came out of the eye. i have since been to the vet also, to make sure we avoid any infection.

::rich

:::you can try saline solution from a dropper to help rinse the eye out if it has something in it. see what some of the others here have to say, or else a trip to the vet! i had to take mine, she had some sort of eye infection but meds cleared it up quickly. she was doing the eye-bubble thing, too, and it was freaking me out!

::::one of my chameleons eyes seem to have problems, he keeps one of his eyes closed all the time. the other eye is fine, he does that thing were it looks like his eye is a bubble, looking like hes trying toi get sumthing out, ive sprayed him with warm water for about 10 mins, i cant put him in the shower because i havnt got a plant to use.
::::what could i do?
::::Jamie

:::
:::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]