kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Is that foam?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on April 08, 2003 at 23:22:25:

In Reply to: Ambanja babies dying posted by tessai on April 07, 2003 at 21:18:49:

Is it foam that's on the bottom of your cages?
I'm guessing of course...but I would think that foam would be a breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria, and moulds, given the humidity levels required for chams, combined with the cham and cricket excrement.

Obviously I don't know how often you remove it, and allow it to dry out, or how you clean it, but it's just a thought.

:I had a cluth of 22 ambanja babies. over the last week and a half one has been dying per day. they started dying at about a month of age. i have kept the housing clean and been feeding dusted crickets. the temp is about 84 degrees during the day and 74 during night. the humidity is 60%. half have been moved to a screen enclosure and the others are in an aqurium like enclosure. i have stopped spraying the entire enclosure and am careful not to get the babies wet. i still spray every 1 and a half hours getting the sides and the furnishings wet. i dont know what im doing wrong, my last one i found dead 10 mins ago. i also have one baby that looks very healthy but has sores on his back, neck and hand as if he'd rubbed it against the screen. i have put a little peroxide on the wounds(is that ok?). what could that be? hes the only one with those cuts. if anyone haas any ideas , please telll me, thanks in advance.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]