kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

It's hard to say...still a nice snake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]

Posted by snakeroom.net on May 13, 2003 at 09:43:12:

In Reply to: here's her pic. looks exactly the same as the aussie one. posted by JIMI on May 12, 2003 at 21:33:26:

Coastals and Jungles are so dang variable in their patterns, both share features that only the other should display...
I do see a strong resemblance though!
I see where JK is coming from.. it is near impossible to say that anything over here is pure, If I remember right, Australia stopped exporting most of their fauna in the 1960's, so I would say it's pretty close to impossible that she's WC.. and since the 1960's and decades to follow, I'm sure some interbreeding was done by accident or lack of knowledge between the purposed subspecies, our carpet population in the US is nothing like the Aussie Carpets, (Not all but most) ... I think that Irian Jaya's are as close as you can get to "Pure", maybe the Screamer Jungles as well, .. Anthony knows of the Irians pretty well... I'm still confused, there are many the theories out there, and most people here in the forum are researching, and proposing their own findings... kind of exciting.
I sorry to hear she is a bit agressive.. they usually settle down after a year or two? (from my experience)
Is her enclosure in a high traffic area in the house?
Does she have an adequate hide box?
Any vibrations or noises around her enclosure?
Of course she could just be pissy... I have one carpet that is agressive in some of the same respects... I've been working on her too, but she just bit me last week, oh well,
Best Regards,
Cori Nguyen

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]