kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Yes... Great Cages! more>>>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by David_Still on May 19, 2003 at 15:25:32:

In Reply to: Anybody have a cage from Animal Plastics? ... posted by Bill S. on May 12, 2003 at 09:28:31:

I am currently using 2 of their slider units and several of their smaller cages. By far they are the best cages I have ever owned; solid plastic, sturdy construction, low prices, cheap shipping and terrific costumer service. I would recommend them to anyone. After talking with them at the KC show earlier this year and checking out their cages up close I decided to switch over all of my melamine to Animal Plastics cages and have really been pleased with my decision.

I’m not sure how they will hold up over the long haul… but I also can’t see what could go wrong with them. They are constructed out of half inch thick solid plastic. I was worried about the shelves in one of my slider units bowing because I use calcium sand in it, but so far nothing. Each shelve has a radiant heat cable running through it that creates hot spots of about 105 degrees in each tub, and even with the combination of the belly heat and the weight of the sand there has been no bowing!

I would post some pic, but alas – no digital camera yet. There are some good pictures on their web page. I think this will get you there http://animalshare.wantapet.com/animalplastics/index.html

If you have any particular questions let me know. Happy shopping,

David Still

:I've seen their ad in Reptiles Magazine and I'm curious if anyone here has seen or purchased one of their cages.

:Anybody?

:Bill

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]