kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I wouldn't put anything else with a Kingsnake....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by oldherper on May 10, 2003 at 14:07:45:

In Reply to: right form for my questions :terrarium posted by reptile16hunter on May 10, 2003 at 11:02:40:

at least, not if you want to keep it. Even if the Kingsnake doesn't eat the other animal, most other species of reptiles will be unduly stressed by being in the cage with a Kingsnake. The possibilities for Terrarium design are literaly limitless as are the choices of animals to keep. It would be impossible to cover this subject from that broad a perspective in this forum, at least in a single thread, although every aspect has probably been covered already in the forum in different threads. I would suggest finding an animal that strikes your fancy first, then doing some research into it's natural habitat and requirements, as well as things like compatible species, then design your terrarium around the animals.

::im thinking of seting up a terrarium
::my dad had one but every thing kept dieing cause hes and idiot and didnt listen to me about mixing animals,but i was wondering if any one knew of speacies that could be mixed with out fighting?and if any one had any advice as far as the set up because i dont want to spend alot of money and not have a beautiful set up that dosent last.
::i know its not a good idea mixing speacies but i read on a post somewhere here on kingsnake that if you consider where the speacies are from n if they are natural enimies and such.
::thanx

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]