kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

savannah monitor cage.. here is something I did

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by fhayden1 on April 23, 2003 at 12:05:27:

In Reply to: savannah monitor cage posted by naryan93602 on April 23, 2003 at 10:20:03:

I've been told by Savannah keepers that adults need a 8'x4' enclosure. A couple years ago I bred burms. My adults were huge, so I kept them in 8'X4 enclosures stacked on top of each other. I cut a door out inside the cages that went through the floor of the top cages and the roof of the bottom cage. So that the burm had access to both cages. Of course, you WILL need caster for this arrangement. The cages were made of plywood. A local store was going out of business so I bought tiles for the floor of the cages. I think this was the best scenario I could think of for space issues etc. It was also safe because I could always close the "door" when I needed access inside the enclosure.

Just thought I'd share. I'm not a carpenter, so I hope you can understand my description.
Frank
:Hi I need dimensions for a cage that would hold 2 adult savannah monitors.I am debating on what wood to use, plywood or melamine(I want to be able to actually move this). Also it would have to be able to fit through a doorway. Thanks,Ryan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]