kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Here's why...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by Antegy on May 01, 2003 at 11:44:11:

In Reply to: Why are you asking us?.... posted by Rob Carmichael on May 01, 2003 at 07:15:54:

I am admittely a suspicious, untrusting person by nature. It is my specific intention to research this question with people OUTSIDE of the company who have experience with them and the issue of euthanizing rodents BEFORE I contact the company itself. I completely expect that the company is going to tell me exactly what I want to hear. If I take the time to educate myself before I contact them I'll be better prepared to interpret whatever answer they give me. I am not one to allow myself to be excused on the grounds of ignorance.

Aside from that, I also have to admit that I truly don't suspect they are using inhumane methods. I just want to be able to understand, if thier methods are humane, why I notice blood on the animals I receive from them. To this point I have already received several very informative replies that have helped me to understand this phenomenon (associated with the bursting of capillaries during asphyxiation).

I will be asking them, and anyone else who has anything informative to contribute.

:ASK THEM!! It amazes me as to how many questions I see that request information about manufacturers/vendors/etc. when they could just as easily CALL these people to get that information directly. Rodentpro is a legit company and perhaps some of the finest people in the business to deal with. Their quality, customer service and prices are second to none. We have never experienced a single problem with them and knowing the types of people they are, I am sure that their feeder animals do not suffer.

::Is what I want to know. Does anyone know for sure how they put down thier feeder rats? I just got a shipment, which included some guinea pigs. Many of them, rats and pigs alike, looked as if they suffered some degree of trauma, as evidenced by the small amounts of blood I noticed around the noses.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]