kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Great looking snakes you have here.... more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by BrianSmith on April 25, 2003 at 18:37:29:

In Reply to: Cracker and Sampson posted by neogeo on April 24, 2003 at 14:43:16:

Nice looking cage,.. but I can see where you are losing all of your humidity. The peg-board back of the cage allows too much overall ventilation. I would suggest covering the majority of those holes leaving maybe 6 by 12 inches open as a vent, near the top but several inches down. This will help tremendously to "trap" your heat and humidity. Also, as your snakes will grow larger and thus heavier I would also suggest that you remove your humidifier from the inside of the cage and instead funnel the vapor to the inside of the cage via pvc pipe. Rob can give you some tips on the best way to do this. I myself have never done it. When I suggested to you to use a hot vapor humidifier I meant to use it in the room. Not inside the cage. The snakes can get burned that way or can maybe tip the unit over and create a serious problem.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]