kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My Tx Bull doesn't crap often..I know, sounds funny.....more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by Jud on April 24, 2003 at 09:41:42:

In Reply to: My Tx Bull doesn't crap often..I know, sounds funny.....more posted by BILLY on April 23, 2003 at 18:43:19:

My pits, including my bull, all poop less than a week after eating. Matter of fact, they poop quicker than my other colubrids. You may want to consider taking your bull to a qualified herp vet to see if everything is okay. Also, make sure your bull has a large enought water bowl that he can climb into. My pits rarely soak in their water bowls, but sometimes placing them in their water bowl, can stimulate a bowl movement. Just my 2 cents.

Jud

:Hey there pit bros!

:I was curious to your thoughts on this.

:My Tx bull is a 2002 hatchling. She is quite big, well over 2 ft. Anyways, she eats great, but one thing I have noticed about here since I bought her in Nov. is that she takes her sweet time with giving me a big mess to look foward to after she has her weekly meal. I am not complaining TOO much, since we all know that bull snake dumps are in a class of their own.

:She will take sometimes a few weeks to crap after her last meal. In fact, two weeks ago, I fed her 2 pinkie rats, didn't feed her last week, and still, she hasn't given me a grand mess. So, it has been about maybe 3 weeks. Long time, eh?

:Here is my reasoning from her standpoint. I put my Tx bull in a cage that is 34 x 18 x 6. I thought she would love that, all the open space to play in. I think that mentally, due to all the space, she may not feel as secure as she would maybe in a smaller cage. I have plenty of hideways in her big cage, but still, perhaps that could be it. Reason why I think this is because my snow southern pine did the same thing when I put her in the same size cage as my Tx bull. She wouldn't crap for weeks, until I put her in a normal rubbermaid sweaterbox. Now, my snow southern pine does it weekly, like all the other kids.

:Has anyone had this happen to them with their pits? Do you think that since my Tx bull is from a big bloodline, that may have something to do with it? She does look a little heavy, but not that heavy, since I am careful with how much weight my snakes have. I did put her in a smaller cage, and now my albino Nelson milk is more than happy in his big new cage.

:Any thoughts would be appreciated! Take care!

:Billy
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]