kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

geez...poor snake!!! more...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by nodaksnakelover on April 19, 2003 at 11:13:35:

In Reply to: Eggs! Eggs! and more Eggs!!!!!!!! whoo hoo!!!!!! posted by nodaksnakelover on April 19, 2003 at 00:38:34:

I lifted the lid on the nest box this morning and found....12 EGGS!!! I about fell over! This is her first time, and all are large white eggs! 12!!! I can hardly believe it! Poor Momma Pine is seriously deflated looking. Eggs are in their incubator, which, is simply inside a small rubbermaid container with a shallow layer of vermiculite inside a tray of the Boaphile rack system I have. And a thermometer is on duty and if I need moisture I can just put some water in the tray. So the rubbermaid will have water outside it, like a moat of sorts. Anyhow, I had hognose eggs set up for incubation, all eggs were no good as I had figured but noted how well that system would work, with a touchy thermostat on the rack I don't have to fret about the temp. Anyhow, it was a bit risky last night but the female had been pushing her head in the vermiculite last night before laying so she couldn't see, dirt covered head. So I went ahead and shot a couple pics as she didn't seem the least disturbed by me. See, my snakes are in my living room thus are used to movement around them for the most part. Pictures are developed, just have to scan them in my computer. My scanner is touchy and freezes up my computer sometimes when in use, so it'll take a bit. First I have to go fix the kitchen sink, orders by the boss, my fiance. Gee, last night when I finally came to bed I was all smiles and happy and she just rolled over and looked at me and asked what I was so happy about. I just said, guess what's happening down stairs? She replied, chicks are hatching? (we've got a group of chicken eggs in an incubator due to hatch) I said no, the pine laid her eggs. And all she said was oh, I was hoping it was the chicks... Geez...ok honey...*sigh* Thank goodness for the shared enthusiasm on this site huh?
Russell Keys

:Hey buddies!!!
:My big girl is laying her eggs! And boy is she calm about it, didn't jump or hiss at me when I checked on her about 10 o'clock Friday night and saw she had laid one egg. So put the lid back down on the nest box, shut the cage door and ran for my camera. Came back and egg number two had been laid. So I waited and I'm hoping the shots taken of the third egg turn out! I'm walking on air tonight! Just had to share a bit of my exitement! Have got my spot for incubation all set up for the eggs. One happy guy here!!! The ones laid so far are HUGE and very nice looking eggs!!
:Russell Keys

:And yes Gregg, I'll post pics when I get them developed...LOL!
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]