kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I said i'd stop at 30...well, 20 couple extra and i'm still.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by gofer on April 15, 2003 at 14:19:51:

In Reply to: I wish the same for all my herp friends. . .> posted by terryp on April 14, 2003 at 16:54:21:

going strong. Need some more cages though before I buy a lot more, lol. I think it's a great addiction too, expensive at times, but very rewarding and it's nice to meet new people who share the same interests and talk to them. I told my wife i'd keep no more then 30, well, i passed that a long time ago...hahaha She just shakes her head.

:It's one of the few good addictions. IMHO. My wife still tells me and my friends that I apparently said, "I only want one snake dear." I have no recollection of that at all. LOL

::it can't be happening to me...hahaha. I am completely addicted, thats for sure. And it gets worse each spring/summer, LOL.
::Gregg

:::The snake room just never seems to be big enough. LOL.

::::Hello Terry,
:::: I love my basements here in PA, usually cool, dark and quiet to work in. I actually lived in my parents basement and thats probably why i am so happy working in them and why i just had to have a house with one. It's not going to be big enough though after this year, lol. I have three other rooms i can use, but they need a lot of work first (i use one for the hibernaculum). Heat, lighting, electric in general, then cleaning them up and putting a fwe finishing touches on them. I thought about working on one this past weekend, but opted to ride the Mt. bike due to the nice weather we finally had here in PA. Saw some turtles and egg masses that day, so it was a good day. No snakes out though. I'll be sure to post pics on my site of the other rooms if i dare start working on them.
::::Have a good one,
::::Gregg F.

::
:::::::of addiction when you catch yourself looking at houses in terms of possible snake rooms. LOL. I'm just kidding Billy. I know that's not the priority, but can you see the possibilities? I know 2 people who recently moved who were looking at the basement being converted to a serpenterium when they first saw the house. Basements and laundryrooms seem to be a good room for conversion. How long can we go without clean clothes in order to have a serpenterium? LOL. My hat is off to all our spouses or people you date who put up with the things we do. Good luck

::::::::Terry,

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]