kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Pacific gophers have the most variation . . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on March 13, 2003 at 10:38:32:

In Reply to: Re: W/C Albino Pacific Gopher posted by Chris Ken on March 12, 2003 at 17:47:52:

in colors and patterns of all the gopher snakes. There's blotched and stripped pacific gopher snakes commonly found. Albinos are found almost regularly. Knowing specific locality may be the only way to determine species and whether it might be an integrade. You're right that the albino pictured may not look like the pacific gophers you or any other people have had. The albino pic that Del posted looks more like a San Diego to me than the sonoran as it should. The Great Basins produced by Del that Dan Felice just sent to Shannon Brown look alot different than the Great Basins that Shannon has seen or worked with. That's why Del and several others ask where the snake was collected when someone posts a pic of a gopher snake.

::Here is the W/C Albino male gopher I plan to breed to my w/c normal HUGE female. After doing a ton of digging through my files I was able to find all the locality data too. The albino male is from outside the city of Colfax located in Placer county. The female is from Sand Canyon, Kern county. Thanks Shannon for taking the pic. and I hope the locality stuff helps out :-)...

::Later-Del

:
: I had a pair of hatchling Pacifics a while back and the patterns were much different than that. Yours resembles a Sonoran I had. Are Pacific Gophers' patterns highly variable? I thought Pacifics more closely resembled San Diego gophers,but I've only seen a few. I always thought they had much higher saddle counts than other gophers. Am I wrong? Just curious,I'm not implying you're wrong,just wondering if I have my facts wrong. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]