kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

dwarf corn snake!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]

Posted by Tenaka on May 11, 2003 at 17:15:37:

In Reply to: dwarf corn snake! posted by froggystyle34 on May 11, 2003 at 16:31:25:

heya froggy

It sounds like you know your ratsnakes , I only know about these guys because a breeder in the UK mentioned them and apparently they stay small but I am no expert on the species, I keep western hognoses and I was considering what next snake to get and was looking around at the various smaller snakes.

Tenaka

:what you are talking about is simply an emoris ratsnake, or chocolate ratsnake, that happens to live in utah and colorado and places like that. it is not truly recognized as its own species. of course these are going to be small, due to lack of food, and warm weather. but you can get one of these and practice perfect husbandry like with any other corn snake and you will have a 5 foot monster too. but hey way to keep me on my toes i appreciate that.

:froggy

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]