kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Book Recommendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]

Posted by CudaMako on March 21, 2003 at 22:32:37:

Hi Y'all

Could some of you more experienced people out there recommend some good herp books to me? Let me tell you kind of what I am looking for....

While I am not totally "green" to snakes, I feel like I need to at least start a pretty good resource library. I would like some comprehensive books dealing with diseases, genetics, anatomy etc. In addition, if there is a "field guide" with all the snakes in the world, I would certainly like to know. I suspect there is not anything like that, but who knows.

The reason I ask this question is that I finally am at the point in my life where I can afford (within reason, of course) to do it right. Also, I am too old for fast cars and motorcycles (well, maybe thats a lie!)But you know, you gotta do something, and I have always wanted to keep/learn to breed snakes. I plan on doing only colubrids at first, I might branch out from there though.

I will also be building a shop to do this in, and if there any specific recommendations or suggestions as to the "perfect" shop that you know of please let me know.

But mainly I just want a lot of book recommendations.......

Thanks a lot!

Scott

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]