kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Odd New Boa Behavior

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]

Posted by fishkiller on January 15, 2003 at 18:16:28:

In Reply to: Odd New Boa Behavior posted by djairam on January 14, 2003 at 10:23:58:

Do you think she is trying to just get out, and trying to push what might be a lid?My rosy does something similar, but catches an edge of the top part of the tank, and sits there.I would just watch her over the next few days.Has she eaten? I would give her more time see how she does. Good Luck, Ethan

:I purchased a baby columbian boa at an expo this saturday. I know that the show was fairly stressful for the snakes.

:I know it's only been three days but, I have a question about what type of behavior is typical or atypical for a new snake.

:The first day she was out a lot, exploring. The past two days she has been sleeping a lot in her plant that's in the tank. All of that is fine, but what I am concerned about is that sometimes at night, when she wakes up, she does this thing that is very odd...

:She braces her head and neck on the corner of the tank and just stares upward for very long periods of time. Is this normal? Is this bad? Should I be concerned? I have been leaving her alone, so as to not stress her out more, but she is still doing this after three days. Is this behavior related to her being stressed out?

:what types of behaviors are "normal" or typical of new boas from these shows?

:Please Help!!!

:dj

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]