kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hehe...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Boa Forum ]

Posted by wetceal on May 06, 2003 at 00:00:57:

In Reply to: Leopard Granite Twin-Spotted Speckly Odd little things... posted by wetceal on May 05, 2003 at 23:31:33:

...sorry guys...They are for sale but I didn't want to mention that in the post because I don't want to appear as if I am trying to sell these guys here in the forums. Someone had requested I post photos of them after they shed so I just wanted to do that here.

However, with that being said, these guys are Colombian Rainbow Boas and they are posted in the Boa Classified section here on Kingsnake. You can go look up the ad over there. I'll copy the information on them in the ad here...

These babies were produced by us this year from one of our female Patternless Colombian Rainbow Boas bred to a male normal Colombian Rainbow Boa. The female has produced for us for the past few years. The first time she bred we got a couple of patternless babies. The following year, she produced 50% normals and 50% patternless. Last year, she produced all patternless and now this year, THESE GUYS!

We don't know what's up with the genetics on our patternless project. We thought that the patternless was some sort of co-dominant gene but now it doesn't appear to be that way. The female was kept under the same conditions while she was gravid this year as in the past years so we do not believe the odd patterns on these babies are the result of temperature fluctuations (although we aren't 100% certain on this).

If you look at these babies, you will see that all of them have the spotting within the dorsal patterns although the degree of spotting varies. Also, some of them have some "calico" patterning on their necks while others have an almost stripe pattern going on. All of the babies have much more speckling on the sides of their body than we have ever seen on baby Colombian Rainbow Boas and the crescents are very much diminished. We aren't quite sure exactly what these guys are or what's going on with their genetics, but whatever they are, they're quite unique and different!

Thanks,
Celia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Boa Forum ]