kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I don't think so...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Boa Forum ]

Posted by Jonathan_Brady on May 05, 2003 at 17:58:24:

In Reply to: I don't think so... posted by Kevin Saunders on May 05, 2003 at 16:18:27:

"but for all the times it's brought up I have yet to hear of anyone it has actually happened to"

I've heard of many instances, and I'm sure there will be no shortage in the future either. A lot of people don't know they have crosses because they don't know what they're looking for and more have crosses and don't know it because their animal took after one or the other parent more so than the other, thus making it look pure. Still others have been diluted quite a bit through multiple breedings to the point that the cross-breed blood isn't so noticeable anymore. You may ask what the big deal is at that point, but, a similar scenario would be... -you're married for years, you've got kids, your spouse cheated on you years ago, the kids aren't yours, would it matter to you now?- it sure would to me!!! Of course, it's kind of hard to imagine this scenario from any other point of view than that of the husband, but hopefully you see my point.

Anyway, I think a lot of these crosses will be revealed in the future with breedings that take place and the babies don't look quite right. But, I could be wrong and those out there that have been dishonest or negligent may remain unscathed by the wrath they deserve and have earned.

Just my .02,
JB

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Boa Forum ]