kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: is the 50 gallon 36

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by bobthebuilder on December 21, 2002 at 19:35:29:

In Reply to: is the 50 gallon 36 posted by -ryan- on December 21, 2002 at 12:53:48:

:Because either one, you could fit a bearded dragon for it's entire life, but the 36"x18" is a lot better because they don't have to squeeze to turn around. If you do decide on a bearded dragon, I wouldn't keep it in that size enclosure if it gets any longer than 20" (they grow between 16"-24"). They are extremely docile, and mine runs to the side of the tank when I walk in. They have a lot of character as well, much like that of a dog or a cat.

:Just remember, if you go for a beardie, be prepared to buy a bigger enclosure (something 48"x18") incase it gets too large for the 50 gallon.

::i was wondering if any1 nows of a good lizard that can live in a 50 gallon tank it has to be calm and not bite unless provoked(which i wont do)no snakes.oh and it can be an omnivore

its not the 48 inch its 36 by 24 by 24 its a wierd sized cage?!/?!?!?!!?!?!does any1 no af any other lizards that could fit itn that size??????¿
:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]