kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: begginer lizard

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by lizardking03 on October 28, 2002 at 20:29:55:

In Reply to: Re: begginer lizard posted by ajobwelldone on October 28, 2002 at 19:12:50:

:David,

:There is one lizard that I keep that, can live confortably in a 10 gallon for his intire life cycle, and thats the Leopard Gecko.

:A 10 gallon is a rather small tank to decide on how ever, because of the fact that there is just not a whole lot of lizards that are capible of living in such a small space.

:Leopard geckos can get rather expensive though, ranging from 100 and above I suggest you buy a hatchling, thats the only size you are going to find for a rather reasonable price.

:I suggest that you buy it from a reptile show or a herp shop or a breeder, I suggest you buy it from Azteclizard.com he is a good breeder and knows alot about the animals he is working with, his website is http://www.azteclizard.com/aztec_web/index.htm. I buy from him on occations, my male leopard gecko (thats part of my breeding prodject) is from him.

:You can either look at www.reptileexpo.com or order a gecko over the internet and have it shipped to you, however it gets rather expensive to have the gecko shipped ($30.00 shipping and handling).

:So I highly recomend giving the reptileexpo site a visit to see if, he is going to be at the next upcoming show.

:He attends the New York Metro Reptile Expo as a vender.

:I also suggest you do alot of research before, you go about buying the animal, even reasonably priced lizards such as the leopard gecko requires alot of care, to make sure its life is healthy and heppy.

:If you would like a list of, links of good resource sites please post, and when I get a chance I'll post a few links for you.

:Or if you have any questions please post on, the kingsnake leopard gecko forum, I check and reply to that forum as well.

:I hope I was of some help
:

i already have a leopard gecko do you have any other suggestions

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]