kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

yes..there are things you can do...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Renee on July 25, 2002 at 13:00:29:

In Reply to: Petco posted by Mike DiB on July 16, 2002 at 15:43:07:

: Is there i can do to stop the un fair treatment of the amimals at my local petco? I was in there last night with my brother (he got an armadillo lizard and i think it will be dead in a day or two.) They wont let him refund it. I came home and looked stuff up on it and what they told us was just bull. there bearded dragons are missing half of there tails and some are missing toes. They are just feeding them crickets (no greens.) It is sick. They have them in a tank that is 75 degrees. I told them that it is not hot enough and they told me that i dont know what i am talking about. Is there anything i can do?

: Thanks for the help
: Mike

I am going through this myself right now with another pet store.

Find out which humane society covers your area. Call a local shelter to get some names. Keep making calls till you find someone who can help. They will investigate them. Also, be willing to testify in a hearing. Without testimony from people, all the cases get thrown out and they go back to doing it again! follow up, document everything you see, every time you go, etc etc. Dates, times, everything. It will be most helpful.

dont be afraid to stand up for the reptiles. I feel someone has to speak up about them in order for things to get changed. I'm willing to do it! Also considering writing a letter to see if a law can be passed similar to the "lemon law" of puppies. I think one should be passed for the health and welfare of reptiles. Currently one does not exist. :(

good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]