kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Sunlight wonders

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by LdyPayne on May 10, 2003 at 18:29:49:

Finally today was warm and sunny enough to take my bearded dragon out for some natural sunlight. This being the first time outside he was a little nervious...just sat in the cage I put him in for outdoors giving me and odd look. After awhile he seemed to really enjoy the sun though he tried to get out of the cage to chase ants (didn't want him out of a cage cause I certainly didn't want to risk losing him in the grass or him eating something not good for him. As it was, I did see a lightening bug fly by,...really watched for more after that knowing they are deadly to bearded dragons).

What was really amazing is that after about an hour in the sun, he took on alot of color, including purple stripping running up from the row of spines along his side. He also took on a more yellowish hue (though this could be due to the yellow plastic base of the cage). I bought him as a normal phase dragon though his parents showed a fair bit of yellow, looks like he was a gem in disguise :) Pity his colour faded not long after I brought him in. I did manage to take a picture of him but not sure how well it will turn out. I really need to get myself a digital camera..

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]