kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Holy CRAP!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Irondog on May 10, 2003 at 15:29:49:

In Reply to: Please help. My female has lost her mind. posted by Irondog on May 10, 2003 at 10:41:53:

I did like you said. I put her in a container full of potting soil and left her alone. I made it so she could jump out of the container whenever she wanted.
She stayed in for a few hours, and about half an hour ago she hopped out. She was filthy and covered in soil. I gave her a bath because she was so dirty and had soil stuck all over her face. The first thing she did in the bath was submerge her head up to her eyes and gulped mouthfuls of water. I didn't like that the water was full of dirt, but I didn't want to stop her. I was amazed because she never drinks water.

I just uncovered 13 eggs burried in the soil. That's crazy. Poor little girl looks like a skeleton now.

I put the eggs in some containers full of soil. I punched small holes in the lids, and put them in the tank to keep warm. I put them in the centre of the tank at the back (not too hot, not too cold).

She doesn't seem interested in digging anymore. I can only hope she starts eating again soon.

Anyway, thanks for your help guys.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]