kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Pumpkin's Half Sister, Garnet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Sharla on May 09, 2003 at 18:30:46:

In Reply to: Well, I have no idea what she's doing.... posted by georgio on May 09, 2003 at 15:49:15:

Hi Georgio!
I have Pumpkin's Dad, Dazzle and his daughter, Garnet (Mother is Ruby) so she'd be your Pumpkin's half-sister. Garnet was born in October/November 2002, now about 6-7 months old. She was really putting on weight recently and started diggin like crazy.
SO, I put her in a small diggin box and by the third day, she emerged 60 grams lighter having left behind 14 eggs! Of course they are infertile as she is a virgin but I did talk to my Vet about the eggs at such a young age.
She said that all that happened was that Garnet ovulated, not in any way indicating that she is ready to breed.
It would be like a human girl getting her period at 10 or 13 years old. She is in no way ready to have a baby at that age just because she is able to ovulate.
She indicated that it was a good sign, she should be a "good egg layer" when she is bigger.
After Pumpkin lays her eggs, water her, pamper her, fatten her up, give lots of calcium and let her grow good and strong waiting till she's about 18 months old before actually breeding her.
These Dazzle girls must be Early Bloomers!!!
Good luck!
Sharla

:She slept in her hole last night and then buried herself again today for a while. Then she came out and was basking. I decided to weigh her to see if she layed anything rather than digging up her hole like last time and nothing so far. Maybe she just likes digging? If she keeps digging frantically for a couple more days I'm probably going to have an x-ray done. I really can't feel anything in her stomach and after a large bowel movement today she does not seem unusually large as she did before. I'd be very happy if she does not lay because I want to give her time to grow. Anyone have any experiences like this?

:Peter

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]