kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks Jo! It's sad... but I guess that's life... n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Gunilla on May 09, 2003 at 14:34:54:

In Reply to: So sorry to hear about the baby! Congrats on the eggs. np posted by Jo_OscarsMom on May 09, 2003 at 14:30:58:

::Actually - Not *all* babies aren't doing so well - one is dead… She was sold in December together with another baby. The one that died obviously didn't handle the move very well and soon stopped eating. The new owner didn't take her to the vet (she called me several times and I suggested it numerous of times - and suggested MANY other things as well but she didn't quite listen…) she took the baby to the vet - but then it was too late. The baby had some kind of "bacterial infection" (the new owner couldn't even remember what was wrong…) and eventually she died… The owner is now going to sell the other - healthy baby… So sad… :(

::This makes me SICK! I know I can't "check" every buyer - but this woman SEEMED ok and seemed to care so much. I also told her MANY times that I could buy the sick baby back from her… but no…. :( So this is sad…. (sorry, I just had to tell someone!)

::No, I am not going to breed this year. I am actually going to USA in August (New York and then Daytona show!) and I have a little bit of a problem finding someone that can take care of my dragons when I am away, so I definitely don't want babies too! ;) Maybe next year I am thinking of breeding Kira (Disas daughter, but well see - I have SUCH a hard time selling the babies…

::But I DO have eggs - from my helmeted geckos! :) I have three eggs cooking in the incubator, so I will at least have some babies! :
::/Gunilla

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]