kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

tank

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by falias on May 08, 2003 at 01:32:54:

In Reply to: tank posted by TheNakedCowboy1 on May 07, 2003 at 22:05:37:

Why do people think that they can breed their animals when they don't even know what cage size to use. Breeding dragons makes you responsible for SO many lives, 60-100 per year/female. Are you not embarrased to come on here and say....
"I want to breed my dragons, but I am not even going to bother to buy some books and educate myself as much as possible. I am just going to wing it, if a few die no big deal..." that is what all of you who come on here and ask things like.,
"can my female lay eggs on carpet or will she be egg-bound whatever that means"
This is ridiculous. You are all going to hurt your dragons and possibly raise some terribly unhealthy babies(they few that may survive), and sell them to people who think they are getting a healthy pet. LOVE AND INTREST IN DRAGONS IS NOT ENOUGH. BUY A BOOK. Read everything you can. There are many websites. If you had read anything you would know what cage size to use and that females need moist sticky substrate to lay eggs. Asking a few questions here and there won't cut it. You really ought to be embarrased coming on here and admiting that you would put your animals lives in jeopardy just for profit, or fun, or whatever your personal reason. You WILL NOT be bettering the breed by making sick animals. Raising hatchlings is a full time job, and should be left to those who can devote the proper time and money to making better, healthier, and genetically diverse dragons. I know this will upset you, but you really ought to think about the damage you can do.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]