kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I don't think my beardie dragon likes anything...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by mattman on May 07, 2003 at 09:05:51:

In Reply to: I don't think my beardie dragon likes anything... posted by ZackD. on May 07, 2003 at 00:58:41:

Zack you think you might be taking on to much to fast. I know that getting a new pet is so exciting you want to hold it, feed it, and always watching them. The little guy might be stressed from being in a different set-up, and handled. Most likely at the pet store he wasn't getting a quater of the attention he is getting now from you. I would just give him some time to get used to his surroundings and the feeding schedule, and you'll see he'll calm down and be more likely to try new things. It is real good that you are studying the species and learning how to care for them and there likes and dislikes. But I feel that trying all these new things in such a short time could be scary for him. I would back off for a little bit and don't expect so much so fast. Get your self into a routine of feeding him at a certain time everyday, and keep handleing to a minnimum. Give him time to get used to the schedule then in a week or two try holding him for a little each day. As he realizes you are not going to hurt him try offering something new. He will be more likely to try it now that he is certain you won't let him get hurt. Hope this helps Zach.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]