kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

unshed skin?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on May 07, 2003 at 00:33:37:

In Reply to: unshed skin? posted by rgol77 on May 06, 2003 at 23:58:36:

I have had him for a little less than 8 months. No he sheds that spot. I make sure when he sheds that everything is off. I do bathe my dragon often. It has been there pretty much since I had him, but it never bothers him or looks infected in anyway. So I thought it was just him. It ISN'T REALLY REALLY dry it is just a bit...and looks a little lighter. I tried taking a picture, but it can't notice it.

I'm lost too. That is why I tried the Polysprin (sp?) for extra moisture, lubrication and healing. It seems to be a bit better. I'll put some more on tomorrow and see.

Maybe it has something to do with his basking? The temp is at 105 - 110 F. Maybe that part just gets the hots and dries up a lot faster. My vet has never mentioned the spot either. I should maybe call. It must not be very serious because it would be infected and bother him. It has been there quite some time, but I thought it would just go away.

Thanks!
Liz

:How long have you had the dragon and how long has the "dry spot" been there? Could it be unshed skin? Do you bathe the dragon in warm water occasionally?.. if not you should for about 5-10 minutes once or twice a week (luke warm). You should also spray the dragon with water daily. That will help unshed skin come off. I don't know what else would create a "dry spot".

:
:---------------------------

:
::My BD has a dry spot on his head between his eyes, but more on his nose. The spot is a about the size of half a penny. He has had this for as long as I can remember, but I just recently started really thinking about it. I tried awhile ago putting water on it...thinking it was dry or dehrydrated in that one spot, but it seemed to get worse so I stopped doing it. He is not dehyrated himself though. I have done the skin test and I hand feed him water to make SURE he is not dehyrated. Yesterday I decided to try polyspirn (sp?) on the dry spot. I will check on him later to see how it is doing. I rubbed the cream in well but, he wouldn't be able to eat or lick the stuff anyway. It was funny because he was running around my room with a white spot on his head. LOL

::Any ideas what it could be? Was the polysprin (sp?) stuff okay to use. I have heard of lots of people using it for cuts and stuff.

::Thanks!
::Liz

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]