kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Changing Sidney's home

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Cheris on May 02, 2003 at 20:20:17:

In Reply to: I am considering changing Sidney's home (help everyone).... posted by -ryan- on May 02, 2003 at 17:28:50:

16 inches is not a bad size for a year old, average adults are 16-19 inches, so he sounds normal there.

There are several plants that can be added to enclosures that are safe for them, but we have found they eat them or dig in the soil and ruin them fairly quick. You can check out safe ones on Plants List

I'm anti wood for beardie enclosures, if you have a problem with coccidia it is much harder to clean and control. We have found some great caves and artificial rocks that are fairly inexpense and easy to clean, one is only $6.49(large) and our bearides of all age love them, its lower/flatter than the x-large that kinda domes on the top, but I have seen those used for beardies fine also. It also is perfect for the small kiddie pool for dragons that like to swim giving them a resting/basking place outside.
Basking Cave

ALL LIVING THINGS make a stair step cave in small, med and large that is also really nice with a large flat top for basking and big enough they can climb under them and sleep, but I could not locate it on the web, I know PetSmart and Pet Land carried them and there is also a man that sells enclosures for about $1 per gallon that I have seen at shows in Florida who carries them for $15

If you really want to get creative there is a rock wall that you can build with ledges and greens. He is a link for that one and if you click to home after reading that, you will see on a live webcam a beardie tank with both caves in it with the beardie usually on one of them:
Fake Rock Wall

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]