kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

New Tankmate?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Puterfused on May 02, 2003 at 16:16:36:

In Reply to: New Tankmate? posted by Puterfused on May 02, 2003 at 15:19:14:

Both of my dragons were males, but they were together since they were about 1 month old.

The one that is left is okay. He recently had a prolapse & has been cheating on me with the vet ::chuckle:: If either were going to die, I would have thought it would have been him.

I don't plan on running out & getting a replacement immediately but I hate that he's moping. I was worried due to his age/size that getting him a tankmate would be a problem. I liked having 2 males because I wasn't ready to be in a breeding situation & I don't have the additional room for another big tank. I really need to think this thru but love the feedback and additioanl thoughts.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!
:-)

:Hi, I'd like to get some thoughts here. I had 2 BDs which I purchased together last summer. This week, one of them died :( The vet is unsure what caused it...one minute he was fine, the next minute his mouth was open wide, he curled into a ball & his eyes closed. We rushed to the vet but lost the fight :(

:Now my beardie is moping without his tank mate. He is about 16" & approximately 11 months old. Can I get another beardie & put it in the tank without a problem? I've heard of tankmates not getting along & don't want to do something out of ignorance that will hurt the little fellows.

:Any thoughts & insights by the group is appreciated.

:Thanks!
:~lisa :-)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]