kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

LOL....more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by poetichusky on May 05, 2003 at 23:25:35:

In Reply to: Ball Python Care....(long) posted by Krystal19_85 on May 03, 2003 at 22:18:07:

I totally understand the downtalk of pet stores and I don't take offense to it. Most of the time their herps are WC and covered in ticks or mites. Even though you might think I'm biased to my PetSmart, I must say that the very few specimens of herps that we get are in exceptionally great health. I wouldn't be surprised if they get them from real breeders(perhaps that's why we have only a very limited few). I don't know if you've ever been in a PetSmart, but they are a very big, but extremely clean store. Not to mention their great prices. Even though I wish we did, we don't carry snakes.:( We just opened up a month ago and we've been stealing a ton of business from the local Petco, because I can honestly say that our staff is very knowledable(The Fish expert in the store amazes me, he's kept tropical fish for something like 20 years) and we all actually care about the animals. To see the way everyone goes out of their way for "Pet Parents" as we call them, really makes it a great place to work. I've been in plenty of pet stores too. Now I don't know if it's like that in every PetSmart, but we really do have an awesome, knowledgable staff. Everyone is always learning more too. I'm beginning to be the person people come to with herp questions and as long as I'm sure I know an answer to the question, they will be getting the right info. I learn a ton from kingsnake.com. If I don't know, I pick up a book in the store and then it becomes a learning experience for myself also. I'm always telling people about Kingsnake.com too. I hope to at least make a small difference in the pet store community. I love animals and this is a way I can work doing something I love, while I go to college. Who knows, maybe one day I'll have a herp store. There is no where around here(SW connecticut) that is strictly herps. I'd love to have place like PE some day. We are in desparate need for a quality herp source around here. For now, I have to get my schooling and learn alot more by breeding BP's and maybe Leos. I still have alot more to learn, but at least I admit it, rather than give a customer bad info. I dunno, just some thought I guess. :) lol
-Cathy

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]