kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Wanting A Ball Python

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by Thomas S. on May 03, 2003 at 01:25:23:

In Reply to: Wanting A Ball Python posted by jtatarin on May 03, 2003 at 01:20:59:

There is no gaurantee that it will eat p/k. Sometimes you may have to feed it live, you never know. I suggest you buy "The Ball Python Manual" *before* you get your Ball Python. Good luck.

:I have been wanting a ball python for quite some time. TOday out of the blue my friends and I went in to a random pet shop. They had a cage full of what looked like perfect baby BP hatchlings. Me taking an interests asks the owner about them and he said they are captive born he didn't say captive breed he said they were BORN in captivity. They were on sale for 59.99 and looked perfectly healthy. I asked to see one and it was very cool, very tame and friendly.. But the thing is I don't have the heart to feed it live prey. I would get it if I could gaurantee it would eat no prob on prekilled frozen/thawed prey. Do you think it would being so young and captive born? I would only buy it if I was positive it would eat prekilled food. Is it hard to swith over? Also, since it is a hatchling I would put it in a 10 gal JUST FOR NOW. What kind of heating would you recommend. Under tank heating mats if so which one. And would you use a thermostat is that recommended? Also, is a 90 degree basking spot that important. What temps should It like best... Thank you so much lol

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]