THE HINDUSTAN TIMES (New Delhi, India) 22 December 99 Infant bites snake to death Kolhapur: A nine-month old girl bit a snake to death at Mahe village of Kolhapur in Maharashtra on December 19. The baby, Rutuja, was playing in the front-yard of her house when she spotted a snake slithering nearby. The infant put the reptile in her mouth and bit it hard. The creature turned out to be full-grown, one-foot long snake, which died instantly. Rutuja's parents immediately took her to the hospital, where doctors declared her to be out of danger.