kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Considering froglets, please help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by Homer1 on May 11, 2003 at 08:32:00:

In Reply to: Considering froglets, please help! posted by wanta68gt on May 10, 2003 at 22:30:48:

Kyle's right--smaller enclosures ensure constant contact with food. If you want to be able to show them off during that time, you can buy one of those critter keepers (or pet pals, whatever) and cover up the vents (to keept the ff's in and the humidity up).

In addition to ff's, I would strongly suggest getting a starter culture of springtails. It's good to have an alternate source of food for the frogs, and springtails are a real treat for my frogs. If you have any that are slow to eat at first, this may coax them into feeding. Confused flour beetle larvae are another good backup food source that require little care.

Other than that, the care is identical for froglets as it is for frogs. However, I would suggest feeding twice per day. It's fun to watch, and you ensure your froglets have a constant supply of food. It's absolutely incredible how much they eat, and how fast they grow when they are sufficiently fed.

Good luck, you're gonna love it!

Homer

:Hi, I'm in the middle of re-working my 35 gal setup, and creating a new 45 gal setup as well. FF cultures will be started next week, and I'll be ready to get some frogs in about 3 weeks or a month. I'm considering froglets because of their cheaper pricetag, and would like to know what I should expect as far as care requirements that are different than a juvenile, or adult frog- which I've already had. Should I set up a 10 gal. for them until they get a little bigger? any advice would be appreciated, let's get a discussion going! thanks in advance, jeff

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]