kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Epidobates tricolour eggs - help please?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by hecktick_punker on May 08, 2003 at 09:04:36:

In Reply to: Epidobates tricolour eggs - help please? posted by reptileheaven on May 07, 2003 at 15:14:15:

Hi Chris,

I have not raised tricolor eggs or tads but I have raised many auratus, azureus and leucomelas before. I remember a few times when I had a problem with a few eggs not being fertalized in a clutch and starting to mold over. Instead of tossing the whole clutch of eggs you can just wipe away the molding ones with a moist paper towel or use a plastic spoon to scoop them out. This will usually prevent the spread of mold to the rest of the eggs. Good luck!

Devin
www.amphibiancare.com

:I just had a clutch of 16 eggs laid down the bottom of a bromeliad leaf. All certainly looked fertile and as they should be. I was advised to take them out of my large tank for various reasons so I have.

:I cut the leaf below the eggs. Taped the lead inside an upright container with the eggs a couple of centimetres above water. It was warm and very humid in there but after a day they have gone mouldy at one part, and I'm sure the rest will go mouldy as well.

:Can anyone tell me what I should really be doing? They seemed fine in the tank, should I just leave them there?

:I have 3 tricolour which are in a 5ft tank with some glactanotus. They are only there because a friend gave them to me but the male / s are calling like mad the the female has obviously laid the eggs so I would atleast like to get something out of them!

:Any hints and tips would be much appreciated. I have never bred amphibians before so I am a novice.

:Thanks
:Chris Jones

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]