kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What do you do about fogging glass?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by Homer1 on April 23, 2003 at 07:11:56:

In Reply to: What do you do about fogging glass? posted by kyle1745 on April 22, 2003 at 16:45:23:

Kyle,

I don't know what style or model it is because, true to my Scotch nature, I recovered this one from an old 386 (the stone age! . . . wait, I remember using that one) computer that someone was throwing out. I just took the whole module out (along with the CPU's on/off switch) and it works fine. It is rather large (about 3" diameter) and puts out quite a bit of air. It takes about 30 minutes to defog all the windows if I turn it off for the night.

Hope this helped,

Homer

:What size fan are you running. I found a very small fan, used for old CPU's. So far I think it is working. I will have to see if it has enough power to unfog it after being off at night.

:Kyle

:
::I run mine all day with no adverse effects to humidity or temp.

::Homer

:::My setup is about like that. I really liked it on my leuc tank, I was testing it for the bigger tank. I think the new tank will take some loger burtst to keep the fog down. I am going to go to the store and get another adapter and a couple more fans. I would like to find a smaller one that I can leave on all the time. Does anyone run the fans all day?

:::Kyle

:::

::::Here a link to pics Marcin posted of his fan setup.

::::Dave

::::
:::::do either one of you have a picture of this fan set-up? im still in the planning satges and having a custom lid made for my aquarium so i need to figure this all out a head of time :)

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]