kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

green/brown anoles

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Anole Forum ]

Posted by archie on April 28, 2003 at 14:43:30:

In Reply to: green/brown anoles posted by mred on April 28, 2003 at 14:22:10:

buying and releasing is probably not a good idea. Even though the lizards you buy are going to be wild caught, it is never a good idea to realase captive animals into the wild. They could have picked up a diease from thier surroundings after being caught, or just from being from a different part of the country they may be resisent to a disease/parasite that they are carrying which could harm the wild population in your part of the country.

I would just them let come back naturally. Obviously the first step would be to stop with the poison. Then you need to attract the anoles from the surrounding land. i think the best way would be to attract what they eat...insect. plant trees, flowers, etc. It may take a few seasons, but I would think they would come back.

I would like to just state that I am in no way an expert and I have experienced these things, I am just speculating.

good luck
Dave

:My wife and I bought a house on 6(+) acres last May. The previous owner was "DR. CHEMICAL", sprayed everything down with
:poison. The obvious end result of this was, you guessed it - no lizards. Not only that, but no Med. Gekcos either. My question would be, how could I entice anoles back onto the property? Would it be better (easier) to buy some and release? Just for the record, we live outside a small town SW of Houston Tx.
:Thanks.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Anole Forum ]