kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: my male grey band stopped feeding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alterna Forum ]

Posted by aloreptiles on December 19, 2002 at 23:19:31:

In Reply to: Re: my male grey band stopped feeding posted by The Doc on December 19, 2002 at 07:53:10:

:Hello Jesus,
: I have the same problem with my Blair's GBK right now.
: She hasn't eaten in almost a month. She is just a little
:over 1 year old, and has always been a great eater.
: "It's that time of year man!" One thing that has worked
:on some of my other snakes, has been down sizing their food.
: Just make sure the temps are up,(80-86,day,to mid 70s @ night) if not, they have a hard
:time digesting their last meal,it takes much longer, and will
:kill their feeding response.
: As long as your snake is healthy, try not to worry too much.
: I do not know the current health of your king or the conditions
:in which it lives, so it is a bit hard to try and give you any
:advise. But again, it is "that time of year", so try not to
:worry too much! Best of luck, Doc

he was eating fine on his normal schedule, and he stopped out the blue for two weeks already. i keep him at 85 degrees and he digest his food items in three days top. he in my rack and he gots a dry cage with a good size water bowl, i really dont see why he stopped feeding, the female is kept at the same conditions and she hasnt stopped feeding. iam thinking of cooling him down for a few weeks. what you think??
Jesus

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alterna Forum ]