kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: research papers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Academic Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by pj on December 05, 2000 at 21:13:09:

In Reply to: research papers posted by ERin C on December 05, 2000 at 11:52:41:

Are you planning on writing something for a herp journal or for a hobbyist magazine? If you have no background in scientific writing your best bet would be to team up with someone who does. Do some research in the University library and find out who is publishing articles on rough earthsnakes. Write a letter w/ some background information and see if they are interested. Is there a snake expert at one of the local universities? they might be willing to work on the paper with you.

Read everything you can on the subject and decide whether you can write a similar article. If you think you can, the guidelines for submission are usually in a volume of the journal. If you have read a paper about rough earthsnakes in the journal, then it is possible they may print yours.

good luck!

: I have been studying rough earth snakes for a few years now and would like to publish a paper on my findings but I'm not connected with a university of any kind but I have access to several. Where do I go to submit such research findings?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Academic Forum ] [ FAQ ]