kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: The stowaway - picture link

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]

Posted by caliber on August 29, 2002 at 07:47:41:

In Reply to: The stowaway - green or brown anole? posted by caliber on August 29, 2002 at 07:23:37:

:I have been doing a little reading on the anoles in the past 2 days. How can I tell if my little lizard is a green or brown anole? I think she is a girl because of the dorsal stripe and I can not see any dewlap. But, maybe this is because the lizard is so young? She is only an inch (1.5 if the tail was whole) long. Now that she is warmer & fed, her colors and markings are getting darker. She is brown all over now. I think when she was greenish brown, she was just pale? The star pattern on her eyes & head is much more visible as well as the markings on her legs. It sounds like a brown to me from the colors, but I can't find any dewlap and also she is so small. Is there anything else I can look for? Any clues as to her age?

I finally found a picture that looks just like our baby lizard. The website says this little lizard is a Bahaman brown anole. That confuses me a little. I thought there were brown anoles & Bahaman anoles. Are they the same thing? Latisha

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]