kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Chile, i know one that fits that description

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]

Posted by nathan619 on August 09, 2002 at 03:14:27:

In Reply to: Chile, i know one that fits that description posted by 59herps on August 07, 2002 at 19:59:15:

:This is a picture of a Liolaemus tenuis, a very colorful and varied lizard from Chile. At one time they were imported with some consistancy. They are 5-7 inches at adult size and feel rather smooth. They are sometimes called rainbow snow swifts or merely a snow swift.
: Devlin
That's pretty close, but it's back legs weren't blue and there wasn't much (if any) yellow. Also they had several when I bought it and they were all selling for $35, sometime in the late 80's.So if that is the same species it looks like I got a great bargain. It was a very active and fascinating little lizard.
I miss snow swifts and "drool swifts too, there just isn't enough interest in small lizards these days. If you can't breed it to have 100 different color variations or albinos they are't popular. I miss natural ball pythons and leopard geckos. I miss studying reptiles instead of breeding popular ones for cash. I would rather watch wild herps in the field anyday than see the newest exciting hatchlings that have a more tangerine tint than their ancestors. I miss keeping a large cohabitat and not being scolded by every "herpetologist" that hears about it. I used too think that keeping 3 species together that would live happily was amazing, but now everyone says "co-habitaion = bad" before they even research te species in question. And I'm rambling and I think I'll stop before the hepetological society goes back in time and scolds me for my former tank mates.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ What Kind of Lizard Forum ]