mobile - desktop
Made in the USA - Freedom Breeder
News & Events:
Posted by mel pineda on June 06, 2001 at 19:58:37:
Dear Colleage, Friend, Teacher, Scout Leader, Birder...other potential
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED:
We are currently working on developing a business plan for the Sabal
Palm Audubon Center and Sanctuary in Brownsville, Texas. We have a
simple questionnaire which we would appreciate a response to by this
weekend from "potential users" of our facility.
We are about to embark on a capital campaign for major improvements to
our education and visitor center and an enhancement of the educational
programs which we offer. This information will be vital in our
strategic planning process.
We also invite you to provide any other input which you may like to
share and hope that you will want to become involved with us as we make
Sabal Palm Audubon Center and Sanctuary a "showcase" for nature centers,
birding and environmental education.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL ME AT ONE OF THE NUMBERS LISTED BELOW, OR
COMMUNICATE OVER THIS MEDIUM. PLEASE ASSIST BY CIRCULATING THIS TO
WHOMEVER YOU FEEL APPROPRIATE.
Director of Education
(956) 544-7808; 544-3148 ; 541-8034
FAX: (956) 544-7808; 504-0543
Please cut and paste the following questions to answer for your reply.
SABAL PALM AUDUBON CENTER AND SANCTUARY
MARKET ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE
1) WHERE do you already go for field trips/excursions/outdoor recreation
(pick the appropriate term or reply to any or all )
2) HOW OFTEN do you go?
What time of the year?
What day(s) of the week?
What time of the day?
3) HOW FAR do you travel?
4) HOW LONG do you stay?
5) HOW MUCH do you spend?
6) WHAT SORT OF A GROUP do you go with?
(school, family, friends, club, etc.)
HOW LARGE of a group?
If you take children:
HOW OLD are they?
How much ADULT SUPERVISION do you normally provide?
7) WHAT SORT OF TRANSPORTATION do you use?
(cars, bus, vans, foot, etc.)
8) How might you use a nature center like Sabal Palm ?
9) What features (both indoors and outdoors) would best meet your
10) How do you expect your needs to change over the next five years?
Over the next ten years?
What trends might affect this?
11) Who else should we be talking to about this project?
(Please circulate this to your circles for us as well:)
12) Is there anything else that you would like to add?