kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I believe Julie and Raul both deserve a point for making good points.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The VHS Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jr on January 22, 2001 at 17:44:25:

In Reply to: Re: DQ8 Did any Real Dinosaurs Protect their Young? Also posted by Raul G. on January 22, 2001 at 00:34:41:

Alligators and Crocodiles lived with the Dinosaurs and do take care of their young today.

Triceratops, I think, were possibly herd animals living beyond the Mesozoic Era and into the Cenozoic Era according to fossil reports. If they were herd animals, we can guess they did take care of their young when they moved from place to place. Of course Paleontologist still need to find more evidence.

I remember National Geographic reported a discovery of fossil footprints showing a number of dinosaurs (Sauropod- much like brontosaurus) moving through an area with the larger footprints on the outside and smaller footprints on the inside of the pack. This evidence seems to indicate that the dinosaurs were moving along like herd animals and protecting their young in the middle from predators. I believe that they even found Predatory 3-toed Tracks following along the side of the Herd, possibly looking for an easy meal on one of the juveniles.

Doesn't this sound like some herd animals today, except that today, they are mammals? Well I may be jumping the gun on my ideas as most everyone does, but there does seem to be a connection.

As for Duckbill Dinosaurs, I really don't know much about them. Raul, you will have to enlighten us.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The VHS Forum ] [ FAQ ]