mobile - desktop
HIGHEST quality captive bred reptiles
News & Events:
Posted by MsTT on May 13, 2003 at 22:30:57:
In Reply to: I have seen these before posted by budman 1st on May 13, 2003 at 19:59:28:
:not fatal at this stage.
No, but if this is necrotizing dermatitis (blister disease) it is very possibly systemic at this stage and I have seen it prove fatal if treatment isn't given quickly. If this were my snake, I would put it on antibiotics.
:keep him in a dry cage you might have to drain one and
: examine the residue under a good scope. if a worm type parsite
:is the cause it must be removed manualy then the snake pancured.it also might be caused by a wetness.
Quite right, blister disease is caused by a bacteria that thrives in damp substrate. Drying the snake out and soaking it in Nolvasan (dilute Betadine will also do fine) every day helps a lot in those cases.
If it's a parasite (which I am guessing it isn't from the classic vesicle appearance of the bumps) you'd want to ID the specific type of parasite and go after it with the appropriate medication. Fenbendazole might or might not be the right drug. But it's usually a pretty good guess; I like a cocktail of Panacur, Flagyl and Droncit which covers a pretty wide spectrum of endoparasites.
Hmm, I have a suggestion. If this guy eats well, and if you confirm necrotizing dermatitis, you can shoot up a tiny pinky mouse with Baytril and feed one to him daily. This avoids the hassle of forced oral administration.