kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Respect

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by MsTT on May 13, 2003 at 21:16:41:

In Reply to: Respect posted by snkkpr01 on May 13, 2003 at 15:58:20:

:I can respect what you are saying and I am not one those people that have to mame the animal so that I feel safe.

Good. I figure if you have to cripple an animal before you feel safe around it, you should leave that animal in a zoo or in the wild.

:My point is dont put me down for owning it. I got it as a MOID from a friend, if he was hot I still would have got it. But I will be damned if I am going to kill it just because it is venomoid. So I guess I am in a bit of a pickle. You answer me this what do YOU think I should do with MY venomoid.

It never fails to amaze me how many people imagine that it is the snakes I am mad at. I think you should take good care of the poor crippled animal and do what you can to convince people not to hurt any more snakes. The snake deserves the best of care. What happened to the animal is not its fault.

I don't have any issues with venomous keepers who end up with a venomoid that they wouldn't have chosen to make that way. The people I have profound disrespect for are the ones whose lack of skill or lack of patience causes them to hurt a snake on purpose just so they can have a shiny new toy.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]