kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

They are just losers!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by maxgold on May 10, 2003 at 11:07:22:

In Reply to: You win Budman, I will quit selling venomoids.......... posted by richard.ritchey on May 10, 2003 at 01:47:14:

Rich,
Please tell me you are not letting the spineless, uneducated, thugs on this forum dictate what you know and believe in. I would call the Law immediately and have this person dealt with appropriately. These are the types of people that give this country and the reptile community a bad name. I am sorry these people have invaded your privacy and know that you have many that support you and what you do. Unfortunately it is usually the uneducated and ignorant who react this way and are quick to talk without thinking. I generally sit back and laugh at the absurdity of the posts but this has gone too far. These are the people that give good keepers a bad name.

ts of life and limb left on my phone machine where a bit extreme. I am just happy I caught them before my 7 year old
:daughter played it back.
: I have a nice part time job which pays $52,000 a year so
:venomoids were never about money. Our society lives in complete
:fear of everything which surrounds them. This fear is out of
:ignorance. Fear leads to many things including the outright
:banning, killing, or restricting of a minority’s interests. Since many interests outside the norm are of a minority status, the majority outlaws the interests of the minority out of fear and ignorance.
: This is a never ending downward spiral which ends in the loss of all rights and privileges concerning a groups interests, hobbies, and profession.
: At some point in life one must ask oneself. What am I doing to combat this ignorance, this fear which relentlessly drives people to inhibit, or ban a groups interests???
: I asked that question to myself in 1988. It was at this point that I decided there must be more then keeping, breeding, and selling reptiles. I moved to Oregon because the government at that time still believed in personal responsibility and allowed the keeping of any and all reptiles. For 5 years I donated educational programs to schools, auctions to raise money for charitable organizations Etc... Now I provide over 400 a year in the NW.
: The use of venomoids was first and foremost in my battle to fight fear and ignorance which was considerable in this state at that time.
: I am happy to announce that the tide has changed in the past 12 years in the eyes of the public. It is not unusual for a library performance to draw in 500 to 700 adults and children to see a variety of reptiles. In the beginning I noticed people labeling venomous snakes as “Evil, Disgusting, Worthless, and better off dead” This has also changed.
: I wanted everyone to own a venomoid so people could look
:past their own death and see for themselves up close and personal how beautiful, fascinating, and intelligent venomous snakes really are. To know that no evil exists and therefore no reason to kill them en mass.
: I hold nothing against anyone. I am just tired of dancing. The demand for venomoids will always exsist. I hope whoever takes up the slack is experianced and able.
:
:Romans 14:13-15
:As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that nothing is unclean in itself. But
:if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.
:
:Sincerely,
:Rich
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]