kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

whats up with the baby mamba prices are they on crack?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by Chance on May 09, 2003 at 20:25:14:

In Reply to: whats up with the baby mamba prices are they on crack? posted by budman 1st on May 09, 2003 at 17:50:24:

:Two different dealers think baby black mambas are worth 450 and 550?
:And baby green angusticepts 300 haha
:they must be smoking some crack.
:I get blacks at 175 to 400 for big adults
: babys worth less like 100thats all id pay
:and greens import adults $50.00 to 150
: no body except a moron would pay 300 for a baby green.
: get of the drugs guys!
: we are laughing at you!
:bud

Keep in mind, those prices you're referring to are for w.c. imports. These babies are c.b., and so of course will fetch a higher price. Although I have to agree, $300 for baby Eastern greens is rediculous when Glades Herp was selling theirs for $150, meaning they probably bought them all for $100 or less. Ah well, if they can get that much, go for it. I don't think it's a bad thing that these companies are charching $500 for polys, as I've seen fresh adults go for at least that much, and also it keeps them out of the hands of some that probably shouldn't have them. Oh, and also, the same guy that was venomoiding his rinkhal babies (I believe it's the same one, with the "captive hatched" rinkhals), is now selling a venomoid adult for $950 and a pair of sub-adults that are in tact for the same. Now that's funny!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]