kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What's even worse than that....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]

Posted by tj on May 06, 2003 at 07:49:53:

In Reply to: its the same fools that do it posted by budman 1st on May 06, 2003 at 07:02:12:

is the "respectable" vendors (won't mention any names, but many are located in FL and make their way up to the Hamburg shows) are still selling them at ridiculous prices. Anything for a buck, I guess. If they weren't in it for the money, they wouldn't charge $2000 for a $500 king. Makes it easier for me though, I know who to give my business to, and who not to give it to. The moment I see a venomoid, I walk away from the table. A not-so-wise man said, not too long ago, that that is part if living in a capitalistic country, and it was the American way.....so I'm going to shut up and go sell some crack to some school kids. I know, you can't compare selling crack to venomoids, but it does show the mentality of some people. Apparently he was trying to show me his "impressive" knowledge of economics, instead he showed me how little he actually cared for the snakes, much like some of the vendors.
The only way we can stop it, is not to buy any of their snakes.
My rant for today.
-tj

:The butcher from oregon must have thawed out he is at it again.
:I makes me wonder why kingsnake lets him advertize here when its clearly cruelty to animals and we all hate the practice..
:turn him in to PETA they will spend a little more time on it.
:He is in it for the money a venomoided black mamba wild caught will never eat a prelkilled rat they even seem to lack any get up and go I have seen them it is truly sad they waste away.
:he counts on fools buying the chopped hacked snakes.
:one or more of his unskilled buddies will deny this just
:Watch them come out of their holes to flame me.

:PETA.org

::Ya know Im really getting sick and tired of seeing these mutualted snakes up for sale. It really pisses me off to see such beautiful snakes such as Panamint Rattlers and Rinkhals as venomoids. This crap should be banned because all it does is pose more problems for the venomous community when you get "hotshots" that want a cobra, but yet they dont want the real deal. In my personal belief, the only good thing a venomoid is used for is zoo's, that dont want the liability of a employee being bitten. But even that, what are people going to do when they see someone at a zoo freehandle a venomoid and they dont know its not hot. Whats everyone else's thoughts??
:: -Joe-

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Venomous Snake Forum ]